NabiJr and LeapFrog Epic are two kid-friendly tablets that are suitable for young children. The two products are available in a similar price range. So, how do NabiJr vs LeapFrog Epic compare against each other? Below, we will take a deeper look at both of the two models to compare their quality and value. So, continue reading!
If you want to give your child a head-start in education to make him or her ready for school, NabiJr makes an excellent choice. This tablet comes with various apps and games that are designed to teach your child about basic skills in a fun, engaging way. It will also provide content that is specially designed or children’s proficiency levels in reading, writing, and math. It is also a great tool to introduce your kid to the online technology, as it comes with a kid-safe browser that automatically filters the websites and search results.
The build quality is very good. This tablet is small and compact without being too slim, making it easy to hold. It also comes with a red bumper case which both enhances the handling and protects the unit against scratches and impacts. The home button is solid and durable, and the rotating camera is properly shielded. Take a look: Nabi Dreamtab vs NabiJr!
NabiJr comes with built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, and NFC. It has 8GB internal storage and a microSD slot that is compatible up to 32GB. The five-inch display is not very wide, but good enough for children. The battery life is great – it can last for several days with the connectivity features turned off. Even with the Wi-Fi continuously turned on, it can last for more than six hours per charge.
LeapFrog Epic is quite bigger, as it comes with a seven-inch display. The image quality is very good. The resolution is 1024 x 600 pixels. With a large display, this tablet is more convenient for watching films and drawing. While the unit itself seems prone to damage due to the slim design, it comes with a nice bumper case which also creates a decent grip surface. The bumper case is highly effective in protecting the device.
The noticeable difference between NabiJr vs LeapFrog Epic is the camera features – LeapFrog Epic comes with a front camera and rear camera. These cameras make it easier to take pictures and videos. For sure, this model also comes with several educational apps and games as well as a kid-safe browser. It has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
LeapFrog Epic has a larger storage, which is 16 GB. It also has a microSD slot that supports up to 32 GB. The performance in running various apps and games is smooth.
- nabi Jr. is the first full-featured learning tablet built just for kids. Like your tablet, it was designed as a tool, not as a toy
- Great for Early Childhood Education - Comes exclusively with Wings First Steps Plus covering letters, counting and tracing for the Pre-K grade
- Great for Playing - Your toddler will enjoy instant access to over 30 pre-loaded apps and games dedicated to reading, puzzles, counting, matching, first words and more
- Kid-Safe Out of the Box - From the time nabi Jr. turns on, rest assured your toddler is in a safe and secure environment
- The most advanced Android-based tablet from LeapFrog, the Epic is uniquely designed to grow with your child and ignite endless learning and creative play
- Excite your kids with a virtual world they create on the LeapFrog Epic 7" Tablet. Manage what, when and how long each child plays with best-in-class parents controls for up to 3 profiles
- Exclusive to LeapFrog, the LeapFrog Epic 7" Tablet includes Just for Me Learning technology that personalizes select games to challenge kids as they grow
- Dive into over 20 kid-favorite android apps and the world-class kid-safe web with the LeapSearch browser. Easily add websites to your Epic tablet as your child matures
Between these two models, LeapFrog Epic is the winner. It comes with better features, with two cameras, bigger storage, and a better display screen. However, feel free to choose NabiJr if you prefer a more compact tablet that is easy to hold by a small child. NabiJr also has good apps/games and performance.